Participation Agreement Terms:
I, the undersigned, do hereby represent that I am a participant who is 18 years of age or older or I am the parent and/or legal guardian of a participant. In the consideration for the opportunity to participate in the Ministry, I agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Truth Skate Ministries, Inc. , its staff, agents, employees, and volunteers and hereby grant permission for the participant to take part in the Ministry on the following conditions and requirements:
1. The undersigned understands, acknowledges, and agrees that this Agreement applies whether the participant is an observer, a bystander, or an active participant in the Ministry.
2. I understand that the participant must obey all Ministry rules, staff, agents, employees, and volunteers at all Ministry events.
3. If I am signing this Agreement as a parent or legal guardian of a participant, I agree to pick up the participant at the specified pick-up time given to me by the organizers of the Ministry.
4. I agree and acknowledge that the participant is not to access or use any of the Ministry’s facilities, ramps, or equipment when a Ministry representative is not present to monitor the participant’s use of the facilities, ramps, or equipment.
5. The undersigned understands, acknowledges, and agrees that skateboarding, in-line skating, scooter riding, bike riding, and other action sports are dangerous and can result in injury, disability, death or personal property damage, and is fully aware of the risks and hazards inherent to entering the premises of such activities, observing or participating in such activities, recognizing that such hazards and dangers are further increased when other persons, whether of the same skill or experience level, are using the same facilities, and hereby voluntarily enrolls the participant, knowing the present condition of the Ministry’s ramps, equipment, facilities, and property with full knowledge that the said condition may become more hazardous and dangerous at any time.
6. If I am a parent or legal guardian executing this Agreement, I am aware that the participant will engage in various on-site activities at the Truth Skate Ministries, Inc. property outside of my presence and without my supervision. These activities may include skateboarding, in-line skating, scooter riding, bike riding, or similar activities. I have been given ample opportunity to obtain information and ask any and all questions about the Ministry, the background, skills, and training of its staff, agents, employees, and volunteers, the activities in which the participant will be taking part, or any other subject related to the Ministry.
7. The undersigned hereby strictly and completely assumes (voluntarily, and with no coercion) all risk of injury, disability, or death that may be sustained by the participant and any damage to or theft/loss of participant’s property while taking part in the Ministry and understands that various degrees of experience and skill are required for the different surfaces, curbs, steps, ramps, half-pipes, inclines, bowls, drop offs, and other venues/riding surfaces and agrees that it will be in the participant’s sole judgment as to what the participant will attempt to ride/do.
8. In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the Ministry and in recognition of the possible risks that are inherent in the activities involved in the Ministry, the undersigned hereby releases the Ministry on behalf of the above named participant, his/her heirs, assigns, and legal representatives from any and all liability for personal injuries, disabilities, death or property damage/theft/loss arising out of his/her involvement, whether or not said injuries, deaths damages/thefts/losses were caused by/in the negligent care of the Ministry’s facilities, ramps, equipment, and observation areas. The undersigned and participant agree to pay all costs, attorney’s fees, and expenses incurred by the Ministry in enforcing this Agreement, and litigations and appeals therefrom, if any.
9. The participant and undersigned agree never to sue the Ministry in connection with any damages, losses, claims, demands, rights, actions, and causes of action of whatever nature, whether injuries, disabilities, death or damage/thefts/losses to his/her property.
10. The undersigned agrees for himself/herself, and for his/her heirs and legal representatives to indemnify, to save and hold harmless, and to defend the Ministry and its attendees against and from any and all damages, actions, causes of action, claims, judgments, costs of litigation, and attorney’s fees, which may in any way whether by action(s) and/or negligence at any time result from the participant’s involvement in the Ministry.
11. The Ministry may immediately revoke this Agreement and prohibit the participant from taking part in the Ministry for any violations of its terms.
12. Under the penalty of perjury, the undersigned does warrant to the Ministry that all the information given on this Agreement is true, current, and accurate.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL/DENTAL RELEASE AND CONSENT AGREEMENT
1. The undersigned does hereby authorize the Ministry, its staff, agents, employees, and volunteers to consent to IMMEDIATE FIRST AID MEDICAL CARE, any
X-ray, examination, anesthetic, medical, dental, or surgical diagnoses or treatment and hospital care for the participant (named on page 1 of this Agreement) which
is deemed advisable by and to be rendered under the general or special supervision of any physician, surgeon, or dentist licensed under Michigan law, at any
hospital, dental office, or elsewhere.
2. I understand that my insurance and/or my finances will cover any such treatment and that the Ministry will not be liable, whether or not I am insured.
3. I understand that the participant will be taken to a hospital/medical facility by car or by ambulance if the Ministry believes that the participant may need
4. It is understood that an effort will usually be made to contact the undersigned prior to transporting or rendering treatment to the participant, but that any of the
above transportation or treatment will not be withheld if for any reason the undersigned is not contacted.
5. I, the undersigned, do hereby authorize the Ministry to act as my agent in presenting this Agreement to any qualified medical/dental practitioners and will not hold
the Ministry liable for any treatments rendered.
6. I understand that it is my sole responsibility to inform the Ministry in writing of any changes to any of the information submitted on either page of this Agreement.